Khepera Charter School is a K-8 African-Centered Academy devoted to the Rebirth of Academic and Cultural Excellence. It is a tuition-free Philadelphia public charter school.
KHEPERA CHARTER SCHOOL
TITLE I – ANNUAL NOTICE
Khepera Charter School receives federal funding through Title I, Part A – Improving Basic Programs. For the 2012-2013 school year, Khepera is expected to received an estimated $320,000 in federal funds under Title I. Federal programs provide financial assistance to schools with high percentages of economically disadvantaged students to ensure that children meet challenging state academic standards.
Since more than 40 percent of the Khepera Charter School student body is classified as economically disadvantaged, Khepera uses Title I funding to operate a school wide program to upgrade the instructional program for the whole school. Our school wide Title I program is based on effective means of improving student achievement and includes strategies to support parental involvement.
In 2012-2013, Khepera will use our Title I funds to:
- Employ instructional aides to provide daily assistance to classroom teachers.
- Provide high quality mentoring program, and professional development for all staff.
- Hire and retain highly qualified instructional staff members to ensure a first class learning experience.
- Offer individualized test preparation to students via Study Island.
- Provide support for students who perform below proficiency through tutoring programs.
- Purchase upgraded curriculum materials for reading, grammar, phonics, vocabulary, math, social studies, science, etc.
For additional information, please contact the main office at (215) 843-1700.
Khepera Charter School receives a portion of its funding from federal programs. Please click the links below to learn about some of the federally funded programs.